Alabama / Courtesy
Country legends Alabama and John Anderson will perform at the Walmart on Friday, July 12, and we’ve got a pair of tickets to give away to the show.
The show is part of Alabama’s 50th anniversary tour that will make its way through the US and Canada this year.
Both acts are country music royalty. Alabama has 43 No. 1 singles, won 178 CMA, Grammy, and ACA awards, and have earned 21 Gold, Platinum, and Multi-Platinum albums over their long careers. Some of their most recognizable tunes include “Dixieland Delight,” “Song of the South,” “Roll On,” “The Closer You Get,” “Born Country,” “Mountain Music,” and a million others.
John Anderson has charted 60 singles over his 40 year career, including 20 top 10 hits, and six No. 1 hits, including “Swingin,” “Seminole Wind,” “Black Sheep,” “Wild and Blue,” “Straight Tequila Night” and “Money in the Bank.”
Tickets to the show range from $45-$129.50, available at the Walton Arts Center Box Office, by calling 479-443-5600, or at amptickets.com.
Of course, you won’t have to worry about that if you’re the winner of our giveaway.
How to enter
Classic country always makes me think of my dad, and driving around with him in his truck as a kid out in Prairie Grove where I grew up. I was practically raised on it, so I have a ton of favorite old songs, and I know the words to just about every one. Especially that 80s/90s stuff. So good. Anyway, leave a comment with the name of your favorite classic country song, and you’re entered.
What you’ll win
One (1) winner chosen at random will win two (2) tickets to see Alabama July 12 at the Walmart AMP.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- Contest is open until noon on Monday, July 1.
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center employees, and their immediate family members.
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- Once notified in the comments of this post, the winner will have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize.
- You’ll need to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit waltonartscenter.org..