A live version of a hilarious TV show is coming to town this month.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live: The Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour will be at Walton Arts Center at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 29, and we have tickets to give away to the show.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 originally aired for 11 seasons from 1988-1999, and is considered to be one of the most beloved cult TV shows of all time.
Here’s the premise, for those who aren’t familiar:
When Joel Robinson (played by show creator Joel Hodgson) is shot into space and forced to watch bad movies while mad scientist Dr. Clayton Forrester (Trace Beaulieau) and his crony, TV’s Frank (Frank Conniff), monitor his mind, Joel builds a cast of lovable robot sidekicks to help keep his sanity: Crow, Tom Servo, Gypsy and Cambot. It’s only through their wisecracks, quips and friendships that they make it through a barrage of increasingly terrible cinema–and the audience in turn gets a veritable treasure trove of gut-busting hilarity.
The touring show coming to the WAC this month will be one of the last times to see Joel, as the artist announced it will be his final live tour.
Tickets to the show start at $35, but you won’t have to worry about that if you’re the winner of the following giveaway. Good luck!
How to enter
Leave a comment telling us the name of the worst movie you’ve ever seen, and you’re entered.
What you’ll win
One (1) winner chosen at random will win two (2) tickets to see Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Live Oct. 29 at Walton Arts Center.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center employees, and their immediate family members.
- Contest is open until noon on Tuesday, Oct. 22
- We’ll notify the winner in the comments of this post. Once we notify the winner, you’ll have 24 hours to respond via email to claim your prize.
- You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
Thanks to the Walton Arts Center for sponsoring this contest. For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit waltonartscenter.com.