A new show that Huffington Post called “the funniest play Broadway has ever seen” is coming to town this month.
The Play that Goes Wrong will be at Walton Arts Center Nov. 12-17, and we have tickets to give away to the opening night performance on Nov. 12!
The show, which has been described as what would happen if Monty Python and Sherlock Holmes had an illegitimate Broadway baby, is the award-winning smash-hit comedy from the producer of Avenue Q and Something Rotten, and co-producer J.J. Abrams.
It sounds hilarious.
From the description:
The show’s laugh-out-loud lunacy encompasses everything from mispronunciations, misplaced props, and mismatched action and dialogue, to missed cues, misaligned spotlights and a malfunctioning set, alongside an array of witty wordplay, sight gags, spit takes, slapstick and pratfalls. For all of the faux calamities to be believable, the timing must be impeccable. Adeptly executed by an impressive ensemble that never misses a beat in the increasingly rapid misfires, the madcap mania never fails to trigger guffaws from the audience with the laughably convincing “bad performance” of the nonprofessional characters (which is perhaps the biggest challenge for the terrifically talented actors who play them).
Tickets start at just $32, available here.
They could also be free, if you’re the winner of our ticket giveaway below. Good luck!
How to enter
Leave a comment on this post below telling us the name of the best show you’ve seen recently, and you’re entered. It can be any type of show. A live performance. Music. A TV show. Just tell us about it below, and you’re in.
What you’ll win
One (1) winner chosen at random will win two (2) tickets to see The Play that Goes Wrong Nov. 12 at Walton Arts Center.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center employees, and their immediate family members.
- Contest is open until noon on Thursday, Nov. 7.
- We’ll notify the winner in the comments of this post. Once we notify the winner, you’ll have 24 hours to respond via email to claim your prize.
- You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
Thanks to the Walton Arts Center for sponsoring this contest. For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit waltonartscenter.com.