Renovations to the former Hog Haus building will require closing a section of sidewalk and driving lanes at the corner of Dickson Street and West Avenue through the remainder of the year.
The city recently approved a permit request submitted by Commerce Construction Company for the project, which includes construction of a second balcony on the building that will extend over the sidewalk along West Avenue.
Closure information from the city:
- Westbound Dickson Street: Lane adjacent to sidewalk is closed and the left turn lane will be used for both left turn traffic and forward traffic. No right turns will be allowed due to West Avenue closure.
- Eastbound Dickson Street: No left turns due to West Avenue closure.
- Northbound West Avenue and sidewalk: Closed from Dickson Street to parking lot entrance and blocked by concrete barriers.
- Southbound West Avenue: closed Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. through 4 p.m.
- Sidewalk on north side of Dickson Street is closed. A temporary sidewalk is along the roadway and a temporary crosswalk has been marked with concrete barrier for pedestrian safety.
Officials said detour routes will be marked. For more information about the closures, call 479-751-4432.
Hog Haus building / Staff photo