The Black Crowes / Courtesy
Some rock royalty is coming to NWA this month, and we’ve got a pair of tickets to give away to the experience.
Legendary rockers The Black Crowes will bring their Shake Your Money Maker Tour to the Walmart AMP for a show on Tuesday, Aug. 10.
The show was originally scheduled for last year, but of course, we all know what happened last year. The band is celebrating the 30 year anniversary of their mega-hit album, Shake Your Money Maker. Released in early 1990, the record peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard 200, and is the band’s best selling album, having sold over 5 million copies.
Two of the album’s singles – “Hard to Handle” and “She Talks to Angels” – reached No. 1 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. Three other songs – “Jealous Again”, “Twice As Hard” and “Seeing Things” – were also charting singles in the U.S.
After a hiatus from 2002-2005, the band regrouped and toured for several years. After touring in 2013, the band announced another breakup in 2015 when the Robinson brothers had a money dispute and vowed to never speak again.
The two have apparently buried the hatchet.
“I’m thrilled and blessed to be playing with my brother, celebrating the music we’ve made and bringing our lives together full circle,” Chris said.
Tickets range from $40-$150, and are now on sale. Of course, you won’t need to worry about that if you’re the winner of our giveaway. Good luck!
How to enter
Shake Your Money Maker is such a good record. Leave a comment telling us one of your favorite albums of all time, and you’re entered.
What you’ll win
One (1) winner chosen at random will win two (2) tickets to see The Black Crowes Aug. 10 at the Walmart AMP.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- Contest is open until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 4
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP employees, and their immediate family members.
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- Once notified in the comments of this post, the winner will have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize.
- You’ll need to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit waltonartscenter.org..