Image: Courtesy, the Momentary
The acclaimed two-day bluegrass and progressive roots festival FreshGrass | Bentonville returns for round two on May 20-21 at the multidisciplinary art and music hub, the Momentary. Chances are you already know how awesome this festival is and bought your tickets weeks ago. If not, here’s five reasons to attend this spring:
- The lineup. FreshGrass brings another star-studded lineup to Northwest Arkansas. More than twenty bands will perform including the legendary 12-time Grammy award-winning artist Emmylou Harris & The Red Dirt Boys, Dispatch (Acoustic), Amos Lee, Margo Price, Sam Bush, The Jerry Douglas Band, Amythyst Kiah, Bombino, and Arkansauce.
- Great local food and drink. Foodies from across the region will bring their passion and products to the thousands of festival attendees with options ranging from full meals to snacks and desserts with gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan options available.
- Music meets art. Not only will performances span across two outdoor stages and inside the building, but the Momentary’s galleries will be filled with a new exhibition called A Divided Landscape for attendees to enjoy.
- Fun for the whole family. FreshGrass is an all ages, family-friendly festival. Children under the age of six get in free with an accompanied adult and there will be art-making activities for them to enjoy in addition to the music.
- New music. The House of Songs is back again this year for FreshSongs — premier performances of new music created at the House featuring Willi Carlisle, Bonnie Montgomery, Auralai, Kalyn Fay, Billy Keane, Mamie Minch, and Jaimee Harris.
Ready to get your tickets? Order online at theMomentary.org or by calling (479) 467-7500. And while you’re there, check out their full upcoming concert lineup. You’ll freak.