Patrick Deakins (left) and Mark Scalise (right) / Courtesy photos
FAYETTEVILLE — The Arkansas primary runoff election is today (Tuesday, June 21).
Polls are open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. All eligible voters in Washington County may cast a ballot at any of the official polling locations (see list below).
Voters in Washington County will decide which of the two Republican Party candidates for county judge will win the nomination – Patrick Deakins or Mark Scalise.
Deakins and Scalise each failed to reach the threshold of either 50% of votes or winning by 20% of votes needed to avoid the runoff in a four-person race during the May 24 primary election. Sharon Lloyd and Tom Terminella were the other two candidates.
Scalise was first with 32% of the votes and Deakins finished second with 23%. Lloyd was third with 21%, and Terminella was finished fourth with 19%.
The winner of the runoff will face Josh Moody, who secured the Democratic nomination for the judge position with 69% of the vote.
There are no statewide or congressional races on the ballot.
Those who voted a Republican or nonpartisan ballot on May 24 are eligible to vote in the Republican Party runoff. Anyone who did not vote on May 24 may still cast a vote in the runoff.
Those who voted a Democratic ballot are not eligible to vote in the Republican Party runoff.
Fayetteville voting centers:
- The Awakening Church, 5763 E. Mission Blvd.
- Central United Methodist, 6 W. Dickson St.
- Corner Stone Church of Christ, 4377 Huntsville Road
- Covenant Church, 4511 W. Wedington Drive
- Genesis Church, 205 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Mount Comfort Church of Christ, 3249 W. Mount Comfort Road
- Ridgeview Baptist Church, 1850 E. Huntsville Road
- Sang Avenue Baptist Church, 1425 N. Sang Ave.
- Sequoyah Methodist Church, 1910 Old Wire Road
- Trinity Fellowship, 1100 Rolling Hills Drive
- Trinity United Methodist, 1021 W. Sycamore St.
- Wedington Woods Fire Station, 13496 Hwy 16
- Wheeler Fire Station, 6946 W. Wheeler Road
Other Washington County locations:
- Cane Hill College, 14219 College Road
- Elkins Community Center, 162 Doolin Drive
- Elm Springs United Methodist Church, 118 N. Elm St.
- Evansville Fire Station, 20493 S. Hwy 59
- Main Street Baptist Church, 49 W. Main St.
- Goshen First United Methodist Church, 122 Hwy 45
- Greenland Community Center, 170 Letita St.
- Johnson Church of Christ, 5602 Elmore St.
- Lincoln Community Center, 112 Boyer Ave.
- Rheas Mill Community Building, 11871 N. Wedington Blacktop Road
- Morrow Fire Station, 19783 Latta Road
- Prairie Grove Christian Church, 611 Wayne Villines Road
- Archer Learning Center, 600 Ash St.
- Calvary Church, 1000 N. Gutensohn Road
- Elmdale Baptist Church, 1700 W. Huntsville Road
- First Church of the Nazarene, 2300 S. 40th St.
- Nob Hill Fire Station, 19375 Nob Hill Loop
- Oak Grove Baptist Church, 499 Oak Grove Road
- Sonora Baptist Church 17330 E. Hwy 412
- Springdale Civic Center, 2323 S. Old Missouri Road
- Springdale Recreation Center, 1906 Cambridge St.
- Cincinnati Fire Station, 12700 Cincinnati Road
- Weddington Community Building, 15503 N. Jackson Highway
- Tontitown City Hall, 235 E. Henri De Tonti Blvd.
- West Fork Community Center, 222 Weber St.
- Assembly of God, 208 Hill St.
- Brentwood Community Building, 169450 Hwy 71