With heavy snowfall expected to continue overnight, Fayetteville Public School officials on Tuesday announced that students will move to online learning on Wednesday, Jan. 25.
From the announcement:
We have made the decision to transition all Fayetteville Public Schools from in-person to online learning on Wednesday, January 25, due to inclement weather. Wednesday will be considered Alternative Method of Instruction (AMI) day.
The University of Arkansas is also closed Wednesday.
From the UA:
IT Services, Blackboard Help, University Recreation, Dining, Arkansas Union, and Mullins Library will operate with reduced hours. Razorback Transit and SafeRide operations will also not be in service during the closure.
Other nearby schools closed Wednesday include:
– Haas Hall Academy (AMI)
– Elkins Public Schools (AMI)
– Farmington Public Schools (AMI)
– Fayetteville Christian School
– Fayetteville Creative School
– Fayetteville Montessori
– Goddard School – Fayetteville
– Greenland Public Schools (AMI)
– Prairie Grove Public Schools (AMI)
– Springdale Public Schools (AMI)
– West Fork Public Schools (AMI)
Heavy snowfall hit the area on Tuesday night and continued into early Wednesday. Some areas have received over 6 inches of accumulation. Wednesday’s forecast calls for possible snow before noon with a high of 34 degrees.