Use Policy Agreement
By using this website’s user-contribution features, including comments, announcements, photo inclusions, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement.
Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains a lot of useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general “good manners” that are expected when contributing content to this website.
We want to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas. But if you use inappropriate language, or make potentially slanderous or libelous comments when using this site and its features, or engage in ad hominem attacks on fellow commenters, people mentioned in stories, contributors or anyone associated with the Fayetteville Flyer, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to remove any and/or all of your contributions. If you become a problem for us or our site’s other users we may ban you from using our services and websites.
We believe it is absolutely possible for people from a variety of points of view to discuss issues in a civil manner; and we reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to remove comments and ban IP addresses of users that foster incivility.
It is important to know that we DO NOT review every contribution made on this website. More than likely, you will see user contributions before anyone on staff here does. This may include information and opinions from a variety of individuals and organizations other than official content from this website and its staff.
We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any user contribution, regardless of whether it comes from a user, celebrity, “expert,” or other source.
You agree to NOT use this website to violate any copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property. By contributing to this website, you are representing that you are the owner of the material, or are making your submission with the explicit consent of the owner. Submitting material that is the property of another without the specific consent of its owner is not only a violation of this agreement, but may also subject you to legal liability for infringement of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
Any user who feels that a contribution to this website is objectionable is encouraged to contact us. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so — within a reasonable time frame — if we determine that removal is necessary.
We reserve the right to remove postings from usernames which themselves might be considered objectionable. We also reserve the right to contributions with usernames which are in themselves objectionable.
We may ban any user, or delete any post, or take any action with regard to its websites related to user submitted content.
By contributing to this website, you:
- Agree not to solicit others. You agree not to contribute for the purposes of advertising or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, or to promote other websites, without our express written approval, or where expressly permitted.
- Agree not to create usernames which are objectionable, even those which utilize typographical obfuscations.
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any libelous, defamatory, obscene, harmful, vulgar, threatening, tortious, harassing, abusive, invasive of another user’s privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, or otherwise illegal material.
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non disclosure agreements).
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party.
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, telecommunications, or other equipment.
- Agree to not impersonate anyone on this website.
- Agree not to knowingly give out any private information about other users. Users who engage in the behavior of continually trying to guess other user’s private information may be banned and their account and contributions removed.
As noted earlier, if this type of action is thought to be happening on this website, we reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we may know about you, including your IP address(es) and email address(es)) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from this type of action.
Your posting of content and your thoughts on this website automatically gives us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, disseminate, perform, transmit and display such content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. If you are not the owner of such content, you shall be deemed to have warranted that the owner of the content has expressly granted to you a similar license.
We retain the right to revoke access privileges of anyone who we believe has violated any of the terms outlined here or if such user is deemed a problem to either the site or its other users. We also reserve the right to ban any user and his or her comments from showing up on this website, without notice.
The Flyer has always been a place that encourages public debate, but by leaving a comment, you are participating in a community that is open to all. Therefore, we reserve the right to remove any content posted on our website at any time for any reason.
Fayetteville Flyer has specific guidelines for commenting. To avoid having your comment removedd — or your commenting privileges revoked – read our Comment Policy this before you comment. Violators will be banned from commenting.
Report a comment that violates the guidelines to [email protected]
Commenters on the Flyer are responsible for all legal consequences arising from their comments, including libel, infringement of copyright or actions that threaten a third party. By submitting a comment, you agree to indemnify Wonderstate Media LLC, its partners and employees from any legal action arising from your comments.
RSS Use Policy
By accessing our Really Simple Syndication (“RSS”) feeds, you are consenting to be bound by the following terms and conditions which govern your use of the RSS feeds. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions, do not access our RSS feeds.
The RSS feeds are provided solely for the purpose of allowing individuals to view headlines from this site within news readers and blogs for their personal, noncommercial use. Any other uses of the RSS feeds are strictly prohibited.
The Fayetteville Flyer retains all ownership and other rights in the RSS feeds, including all rights under copyright. You may not edit or modify the text, content, or links supplied in the RSS feeds.
You may not display the RSS feeds in any manner that does not permit immediate linking to, redirection to, or delivery of the applicable Fayetteville Flyer web page. You may not frame or otherwise control the browser window, if any, in which the Fayetteville Flyer web page opens, nor may you insert any jump pages or other intermediate or interstitial pages between the RSS link and the applicable Fayetteville Flyer web page. No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, may be added to the RSS feeds.
The Fayetteville Flyer reserves the right to cease its distribution of any or all of the RSS feeds and/or to change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time, at its sole discretion, and without notice to you. The Fayetteville Flyer further reserves the right to require you to cease displaying, distributing or otherwise using any or all of the RSS feeds for any reason, including but not limited to, your commercial use of the RSS feeds or any other violation of these terms and conditions.
THE FAYETTEVILLE FLYER PROVIDES THE RSS FEEDS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE FAYETTEVILLE FLYER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE RSS FEEDS OR FOR ANY OF YOUR ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE RSS FEEDS. TO THE FULLEST EXTEND ALLOWED, THE FAYETTEVILLE FLYER DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us.
Fayetteville Flyer gathers identifying information about individuals only when individuals provide that information on a voluntary basis.
It is not the policy of Fayetteville Flyer to sell or make available such information to unrelated third parties. We may inform advertisers of the results of such analyses. And under any circumstance, Fayetteville Flyer will refer only to general, aggregate usage data from these analyses — never specific identifying information.
Fayetteville Flyer performs statistical analyses of its server logs to study the use and popularity of various areas of our site. We also look at IP addresses to analyze where we are getting our audience.
Users should keep in mind that, when posting their user name or e-mail address on user-posted content areas, that information, along with any information in their postings, can be read by any third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. Fayetteville Flyer has no control over that.
Fayetteville Flyer may make use of or refer to user-posted content for the purposes of promotion of Fayetteville Flyer. This will mainly involve taking screen shots of a particular area of the site and using that screen shot as a graphic in an advertisement. Fayetteville Flyer makes no claim of ownership to such user-posted content.
Fayetteville Flyer employs ‘cookies’ in circumstances that require session data or require user verification.
Corresponding with Fayetteville Flyer
Any correspondence with the Fayetteville Flyer Site, including any documentation or images, are considered property of Fayetteville Flyer. Fayetteville Flyer reserves the right to reproduce such correspondence, in whole or in part, on any of the Fayetteville Flyer Site or its affiliates.
Fayetteville Flyer will typically display images as part of posts written by our editors. The types of images editors are authorized to use on Fayetteville Flyer include:
- Images licensed from photographic archive vendors
- Images supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
- Reader-submitted images, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site(s)
- Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites in instances where the photographer has chosen to license their work under the Creative Commons license
- Images commissioned by Fayetteville Flyer
- Thumbnail images of 150×150 pixels or less
- Images used to illustrate a newsworthy story under the Fair Use doctrine
- Images where the use is transformative, such as for satire
- Images so widely distributed on the Internet that they are deemed to have become part of the public domain
If you think we have published an image or text that infringes your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the categories listed above, we believe that our use of the image is legitimate and we will not remove it from the site.
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website, http://lcWeb.loc.gov/copyright/.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF) that sets forth the items specified below. Please do not send us regular mail, as we may not receive it in a timely fashion.
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
- For each allegedly infringing image or piece of text that you wish to have removed from one of our sites, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- Provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing material:
– Proof of copyright in the image or text concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA, OR, (absent such registration)
– a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, AND
– Evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image
- We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the document and attached it via PDF and email it to: contact(at)fayettevilleflyer(dot)com
* Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights.
Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Please note that a copy of each legal notice we receive will be sent (with your personal information removed) to Chilling Effects for publication.
You can see an example of such a publication at: http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/notice.cgi?NoticeID=861
We also reserve the right to publish your letter on the site(s).
Associated Press Policy
The following provision applies to all visitors (which shall include persons and representatives of legal entities, whether such representatives are persons or digital engines of a kind that crawls, indexes, scrapes, copies, stores or transmits digital content). By accessing this Web site or digital service, you specifically acknowledge and agree that: (i) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium; (ii) No Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use; (iii) The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing; (iv) The Associated Press is an intended third party beneficiary of these terms and conditions and it may exercise all rights and remedies available to it; and (v) The Associated Press reserves the right to audit possible unauthorized commercial use of AP materials or any portion thereof at any time.
Notification of Changes
If you have any questions or notices of violations to these terms and conditions, please contact the editor of the Fayetteville Flyer Site, or send an email to [email protected]
Revised May 2022